VACANCY: Team Leader
Location: Durban, KZN
Category: Team Leader
A permanent vacancy exists at a leading provider in outdoor and marine equipment. The incumbent is required to be a leader with high compliance.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure effective running of current systems and implementation of new systems
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Monitor and improve the overall performance of each department
- Oversee Daily Operations and provide a daily report of all problem areas and solutions
- Producing reports / statistics
- Analysing reports / statistics and providing feedback and recommendations to the Director
- Ensuring work requirements / rules and standards are followed
- Providing assistance in processing sales orders / returns
- Liaising with the Director and assisting in the development of strategic plans for operational activity
- Training / inducting all new staff members (incl. Pastel and Processors)
- Assigning specific duties to all staff and following up
- Ensuring the generation of new business and retention of current business in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing team
- Assisting with resolving staff / customer / supplier queries
- Assisting with stock control and ensuring year end stock is taken accurately
- National Degree from college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft and competent computer skills
- Driver’s license
- Attributes: Assertiveness, Pragmatism, Business awareness, Risk orientation, Change resilience, Tolerance, Consistency, Creativity, Business orientation, Attention to detail, Decisiveness
Abilities that would be a plus:
- Manage crisis situations with ease and efficiency
- Identify links between situations that are not obviously related.
- Use creative reasoning to identify key issues and alternative solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stress
- Excellent administrative, planning, and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and punctuality
- Ensuring the effective execution of projects from start to finish
- A high work ethic
- Ability to work independently and professionally with little or no supervision
- Deadline driven
- Ability to multitask and prioritise daily workload effectively
Offer: Remuneration of R8 000 P/M will be offered in line with the successful applicant’s knowledge and experience. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant assessments and background checks.
To apply: Email a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26 November 2017.
Subject line: Team Leader application.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.